Are you looking for a new home?
Would you like. . .
- a high quality eco-home that could reduce your heating bills by 90% and yet still retain conventional home comforts?
- to live in a village but be only three miles along a level, traffic free cycleway from a university city?
- to walk out of your garden onto the banks of a river where you can canoe, watch wildlife or just have a great picnic?
- to live within easy reach of the Lake District, Yorkshire Dales, Forest of Bowland and the seaside?
- to reduce your carbon footprint and live alongside cohousing neighbours who share your green values?
- the option to use cohousing facilities after you've moved in?
- the option of an office, studio or workshop next door at preferential rental rates?
- to live in one of the most family friendly places in the UK?
If so, Heron Bank could be for you
Heron Bank is an innovative, eco-friendly development of six three bedroom homes on the banks of the River Lune at Halton near Lancaster.
Heron Bank is being developed by Lancaster Cohousing and has been designed in partnership with architects, Eco Arc. The homes will be built to the highly insulated PassivHaus standard so they will need only minimal heating. The site includes Halton Mill, an old engineering works that is being renovated to provide 1000m2 of managed workshops, offices and studios. These will be available to Heron Bank residents at reduced rental rates. Heron Bank is next door to Forge Bank, a cohousing community that is also being developed by Lancaster Cohousing. Together, they make one of the largest PassivHaus developments in the UK to date.